About Me

My photo
Hello all!! I am the Graphic Design instructor for Bollman Technical Educational Center in Thornton, Colorado. I have been teaching for eleven years now as well as running my own design studio for fourteen years. I am currently pursuing a Masters in Education Media Design and Technology at Full Sail University. I travel as often as possible all over the world and enjoy it very much! Music is a huge part of my life and I don't know what I would do without it.

Friday, July 30, 2010

BP14_Flash CS4 & CS5_Post3

I managed to kind of get to my goal for this week! I made a very simple animation using flash and learned a lot about the Flash environment and function. To begin I created several vector images of recyclable products. I actually created these in Adobe Illustrator and copied them into Flash. Once they were in Flash I transformed the vector objects into Symbols under the Modify tab in the top menu bar of Flash. I put these symbols into a library I created entitled, Recycle. Converting these vector images into symbols helps to reduce the file size of the Flash movie and allows for the final animation to run more smoothly.



After creating the images and converting them to symbols I then proceeded to work within the text options. I added the text "Please Recycle" and adjusted it to be centered on the stage using the alignment functions. I wanted to have the text drop down from the top of the page, down to the images as my simple animation. In order to animate the text it had to be converted into a symbol just as the vector drawings did. Once the text was converted to a graphic I was able to apply a motion tween.



I believe I have a wonderful refresh of Flash after over six years of not using the program at all, and before that very minimally. I'm excited to finish out the tutorials and start working more in-depth with the program. I feel I have a way to go still considering my vision of what I would like to do for my personal, profession design site. As for now I feel confident that I could at least assist students in getting started in working with Flash,

Here is the simple animation I created using Flash.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we chose the same software to learn, Brooke! Let me know if you are thinking of continuing your studying of Flash. I'm better at the programming aspects and it looks like you are really good at photos and visuals (especially using Illustrator, which I have never used).

    I think we could be a good resource for each other! Let me know if you want to put that on your AR Website or anything.

    If you are going to continue to use Flash, I will be sending you many questions as there is a very steep learning curve.

    Great job on the animation! Congrats! I know it felt good for me to finish successfully...

    ReplyDelete